10/10/12

Pay It Forward

It's fast approaching six months since my heart attack and while I'm thankful for my life and feel like a miracle took place, not everyone is so lucky. I'm not totally out of the woods in the health arena, but one day at a time and that's more than some get, some have already lost their fight.

I've been at my new job for a mere three months and have been witness to so much sadness, heartache and tragedy; so much so that I've done some soul searching to find comfort in the blessings that I have and not to worry about the things I don't have. Life isn't easy, we struggle to make ends meet like so many others out there, but we make it and that's all that matters. I can't say that I don't worry about finances and all the stuff that comes with being a responsible adult but when I see what others have lived through or are going through, I realize that my life isn't so bad.

So, since life hasn't dealt me a winning lottery ticket yet so that I can help all those that need it, I've found true strength, happiness and content in doing what I can to pay it forward by way of donating my time to charitable causes that are near and dear to me. It doesn't take fame and fortune, just a little of my time and effort, two things that I CAN do!

I did a walk last week for the Diabetes Foundation and while it wasn't a big deal, it sure made my heart smile to be helping others.

I encourage everyone to find some way to pay it forward, it's the little things that add up to something amazing! Together we can make big things happen. I hope you'll join me in my mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment